Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Story with Oakley sunglasses

I have a burning question in my mind, why the hell everytime I buy myself an Oakley sunglasses, it either gets broken or completely lost?

I mean broken in half or completely teleported to a black hole.

I always own two pairs of shades, one Rayban type for formal wear

and another Oakley shades for casual wear


and boy do I love Oakley glasses? I feel like killing someone when I wear them and you can see from my picture above that I'm wearing one. you can checkout my facebook pictures http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=768090573 and see for yourself how many pictures of me wearing Oakley.

My relationship with Oakley dates back to my early college years, specifically the year 2001. They used to be stuck on my face to the point I got famous for it in college and I was known as Mohammad the Oakley man.

Not only in college did I wear them, I wore them when I jog, bike, Karate train and swim.  I even wore them in Haj while I was wearing the Ihram. To bad I've lost the picture where I was wearing them with the Ihram. Yeah they took a picture of me :)

The very sad story is I just can't keep them safe like my other stuff. They either break in half or completely lost and I don't know why. I'm really good at perserving my stuff for years except Oakleys to the point that I feel god is testing me by making me lose my dearest thing.

From 2001 until now I owned 5 Oaklies. First 3 were broken and the rest lost. How the first 3 were broken? someone always steps on them and the thing I cannot fathom is how the rest were lost. The more I bought one the less time it stayed with me. For example the very first one stayed with me like 2 years and the last one stayed less than 2 months.

Take the one I'm wearing in the picture above, that's Oakley #4, It disappeares like someone had stolen them. Really like one minute they were next to me and the next pooooof disappeared like a genie does.

The reason I'm venting by writing this post is because of this Oakley #5

When I lost Oakley #4 I said to myslef that's it no more Oaklies. I got sick and tired from getting hurt from either breaking or losing one. I mean hurt like Tom Hanks losing his ball Wilson in Cast Away hurt. So I went 2 years without an Oakley until I felt I can't go without one anymore, because Oakley is one of the things that define my character like losing my cynical sense of humor or something.

On 23/12/2010, I went shopping for one and I instantly fell in love with the one above. When I told the salesman I wanted it, I was telling myself please don't break or lose it, I can't afford that anymore and lo and behold I lost it the night before (7/2/2011).

You cannot imagine how frustrated I am right now because:

1- This Oakley didn't last even for 2 full months.
2- The way it got lost.

I left my parents house that night with the glasses in my hand. I am sure they were in my hand like I'm sure I'm typing this right now. So I got in the car, reached my final destination and poooof, no Oakley. I was like aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhh not again!!!! This time I know it was in the car. I searched my car like 10 times, went back to my parents house because mybe I was hellusinating and didn't take them with me, and I even turned my appartment upside down to double check they didn't even leave the appartment and all searching efforts lead to nothing. The way it got disappeard is so bizzar because I am dead sure the final place for it was in my car. Do you understand why I think they get lost by divine intervention?

I am so sad that I had a dream last night that everyone I know have given me the same Oakley just to make me feel better, even our maide.

Bye bye my Ducati Oakley and I'm gonna fucking buy me another one because it's getting personal.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment