Saturday, February 26, 2011

Kissing my 20s goodbye

Two days ago I celebrated my 29th birthday. It was one of my best birthdays ever. I was camping and my wife surprised me with a delecious chicken shaped cake.



Lately I've been thinking how funny that people get excited on their birthdays forgetting that they have just lost another year of their life's credit.

On this particular birthday I was a little bit sad that I'm living the last year of my 20s. When I hit 30, it's all going to be downhill thereafter.

I'm going to recap the good and bad of my favorite decade of my life year by year.

2002 (20 years old)

Good:
  • I hit 20
  • I took my one and only parachute junp.
  • Nothing bad happened on this year.
2003 ( 21 years old)

Good:
  • I hit the milestone age of 21 which is the legal age.
  • I graduated from college.
  • I took my first trip with my friends to Sharm El sheikh
  • I became an uncle for the first tine
Bad:
  • My grandmother to my mom died. My first heartbreaking loss.

2004 (22 years old)

Good:
  • I took my first job at the Minisrty of Planning.
  • I fulfilled my dream and earned my first degree black belt in Kyokushin Karate
  • I got employed at KOC
Bad:
  • My other grandmother died. What a terrible loss.
2005 (23 years old)

Good:
  • I became an uncle for the second time.
  • I got my first promotion.
  • Nothing bad happened in this year.
2006 (24 years old)

Good:
  • I earned my second degree black belt in Kyukushin Karate

Bad:
  • My grandfather died. What a catestrophic loss.
2007 (25 years old)

Good:
  • I went to USA. A nice trip which tought me a big lesson.
  • Nothing bad happened on this year

2008 (26 years old)

Good:
  • I got engaged.
  • I got married.
  • I became an uncle for the third time.
  • I became an uncle for the fourth time.
  • I got my second promotion.
Bad:
  • I got diagnosed with Spondylisis. A bad spine condition. My sport life detoriated.

2009 (27 years old)

Good:
  • I earned my third degree black belt in Kyokushin Karate. 
  • I became an internationally certified Kyokushin Karate Judge.
  • I participated in my first international Kyokushin chanpionship as a judge becoming the first Kuwaiti certified international judge to judge an international event.
  • I went on a cruise. very memorable trip.
  • Nothing bad happened on this year.
2010 (28 years old)

Good:
  • I took my third promotion
  • I participated in my second international Kyokushin championship (world cup) as a judge. 
Bad:
  • I lost a newphew. (4 years old). What a sad nephew.
  • I got diagnosed with cancer. Removed and hopefully will not return.

2011 (29 years old)
 still
Good:
  • I bacame an uncle for the 5th time.
Bad:

  • On march the 3rd I had a terrible car accident which caused my spine to be decompressed at L4 vertabrea, a fractured kneecap, a dislocated anckle and broken foot. I'm still being hospitalized while adding this point to the post.


To be continued until I hit 30

No comments:

Post a Comment