Monday, February 14, 2011

Dreams


Dreams. One of the bizarre and insufficiently explained brain functions. They have scientific and religious explanations to them, but to me, those explanations are not enough. They will remain a mystery to mankind and dreaming will remain not fully understood. No one really knows exactly why do we dream and what are the exact functions of dreaming. Scientists say that dreaming is a brain function that helps the brain sort out the information it processed during the day, storing vital information into the long term memory and deleting the unimportant ones. Religion on the other hand, says that dreaming is a form of predicting the future like what is mentioned in the holy quran in Surat Yousef and I've never seen a contradiction so big between science and religion about this subject.

A person dreams several dreams in one night and as for me, I can hardly remember them when I wake up unless if I have a really weird dream that makes me say to myself when wake up "What the hell was that all about?"

The reason why am I talking about dreams out of no where is because of this very weird dream I had last night. I had a dream which its events occur during the early 1980s. It was in our old house before it got renovated in the 1990s. My parents were so young in this dream and so was I. The weirdest of all is the visit from my uncle's ex wife whom I've never met before. When I woke up I asked myself "why the hell did I dream of a woman whom I don't even know how does she look like and who never do I think about" and there she was in my dream so white with green eyes and wide nose. Somewhat like a Philipino lady.

There she was sitting on our old couch and my father asked her "How is Sundis and Bebe?" She said "They are fine. Sundis is 7 and Bebe is 3". I thought "wow how retro this dream is". My cousins the sisters Sundis and Bebe are mothers to school children now.

The thing that makes this dream is so stuck to my head is the thought I had before I went to sleep when my head ws on the pillow. I was thinking "Wow, in 10 days I;m going to be 29 years old. I can't believe how fast I reached this age without doing anything that exciting. I can never get those 29 years back" and there it was, my dream with me being so young as if my mind is telling me something.

Here I am, 10 days short of being 29 years old with a back problem of a 50 years old person already. Here I am, didn't hit 30 yet and already been diagnosed with cancer. (Praise god almighty for my health and the fact that I'm still blessed more than many poeple)

I just realized how short life is and it's time for me to do something big before it's to late. But the thing is what is it that I want to do?

All I ever want to do before I die is flying a fighter jet preferably an F-16. How the hell am I going to do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment